The Skyblock Suvival Map for Minecraft is one of the most popular Survival Minecraft maps. The reason for this is that it is a very unique and fun map, that is incredible simple. The premise is that you spawn on your own floating island, with a tree and a chest with a lava bucket and some ice. That is all you have in the beginning, and it is then up to you to complete certain challenges, or simply try to see how far you can take this little island with the extremely limited resources available.
This is the original floating island type of maps, and it has served as the blueprint for many survival maps following it.
The official rules of the map are as follows (you don’t HAVE to follow these in singleplayer, but it makes it more fun and challenging):
- You must not purposely jump off your island to regenerate your health.
- You must not make a bridge to the mainland.
- You must play on at least easy difficulty.
Important: if you die before having slept in a bed on your island, it is likely that you won’t be able to respawn on your island, and then will have to reinstall the map or use console commands to get back to your island. So getting a bed build should be a priority.
In addition to the rules, here are the official challenges for this map (again, in singleplayer, just to make it more fun and challenging):
- Build a Cobble Stone generator.
- Build a house.
- Expand the island.
- Make a melon farm.
- Make a pumpkin farm.
- Make a reed/sugarcane farm.
- Make a wheat farm.
- Make a giant red mushroom.
- Craft a bed.
- Make 64 stone brick’s.
- Make 20 torches.
- Make an infinite water source.
- Craft a furnace.
- Make a small lake.
- Build a platform 24 blocks away from the island, for mobs to spawn.
- Make 10 cactus green dye.
- Make 10 mushroom stew.
- Craft 10 Jack ‘o’ lanterns.
- Craft 10 bookcases. (This one is only possible if cows spawn on your island)
- Make 10 bread.
- Collect 10 Ender-pearls.
- Cook 10 fish.
- Craft 10 Black Wool.
- Craft 10 Gray Wool.
- Craft 10 Light Gray Wool.
- Craft 10 Lime Green Wool.
- Craft 10 Red Wool.
- Craft 10 Yellow Wool.
- Craft 10 Pink Wool.
- Craft 10 Green Wool.
- Craft 10 Orange Wool.
- Craft 10 Snow Golems.
- Craft 20 Paintings.
- Build and light a nether portal.
- Craft 5 Gold Ingots.
- Craft 16 Glass Panes.
- Collect 50 birch logs.
- Collect 64 arrows and craft a bow.
- Craft 10 stone buttons.
- Craft 30 stone slabs.
- Craft 10 signs.
- Craft 20 ladders.
- Craft 20 fences.
- Craft 20 fence gates.
- Craft 10 levers.
- Craft 10 trapdoors.
- Craft 10 stone pressure plates.
- Craft 10 wooden pressure plates.
- Collect 64 bonemeal.
- Craft 20 cobblestone stairs.
If you wish to play on the official SkyBlock server, it is available at SkyBlock.net.
The map is available in a normal version and a hardcore version, both can be downloaded below.
Here is a little video of the map:
How to install the SkyBlock Survival Map:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded and put it in the saves folder.
- Thats it – enjoy SkyBlock, a new interesting way to play!
Download SkyBlock Survival Map for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.6.x (1.6.1/1.6.2/1.6.4):